Hearty beef pot roasts are a filing and delicious meal as the weather turns colder - or any time you need to easily feed a larger group of people. Use a slow cooker to perfectly capture the rich beef flavor of a boneless chuck roast while not drying it out. This is the perfect set it and forget it recipe for after work or after school! Feel free to add other vegetables that you like, such as carrots to this recipe. Enjoy!
- 3-4# LGCM Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup dry Red Wine like Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 Yellow Potatoes, cut into thirds
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped into quarters
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub
Recipe Yield6-8 Servings
- Add oil to a sauté pan and heat to medium high heat. While the pan is heating up, liberally season your chuck roast on all sides with LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub.
- When pan is hot, place your chuck roast in the pan, and sear the roast on all sides until brown.
- Turn your slow cooker on low, and transfer your roast from the pan to the slow cooker. Add beef broth, red wine & vegetables around roast.
- Cook for 10 hours or if you don’t have enough time, cook for the longest possible setting for your time frame.
- Once done cooking, remove the roast and cut into serving size pieces.
- Pour the broth in the slow cooker over the roast and serve with the cooked vegetables.