Hearty beef pot roasts are a filing and delicious meal as the weather turns colder - or any time you need to easily feed a larger group of people. Use a slow cooker to perfectly capture the rich beef flavor of a boneless chuck roast while not drying it out. This is the perfect set it and forget it recipe for after work or after school!
- 3-4# LGCM Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 bag Baby Carrots, left whole
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 8 Red Potatoes, left whole or cut 1/2
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Bay Leaf
- LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub
Recipe Yield6-8 Servings
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. While the pan is heating up, season your chuck roast with LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub.
- Add butter to the heated pan and sear your roast on all sides.
- Turn your slow cooker on low, transfer your roast from the pan to the slow cooker. Add beef broth, vegetables & bay leaf around roast.
- Cook for about 6 hours or until the meat starts to fall apart.
- Once cooked remove the roast, potatoes, onion & carrots and place them on a platter while you prepare the gravy. Discard the bay leaf.
- Add your broth to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water & add to the boiling broth. Whisk until it becomes your desired thickness.
- Pour gravy over your roast and vegetables and enjoy!