Hearty beef pot roasts are a filing and delicious meal as the weather turns colder - or any time you need to easily feed a larger group of people. Use a slow cooker to perfectly capture the rich beef flavor of a boneless chuck roast while not drying it out. This is the perfect set it and forget it recipe for after work or after school!
- 3-4# LGCM Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 bag Baby Carrots, left whole
- 8 Red Potatoes, left whole or cut 1/2
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Bay Leaf
- LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub
Recipe Yield6-8 Servings
- Add butter to a sauté pan and heat to medium high heat. While the pan is heating up, liberally season your chuck roast on all sides with LGCM Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub.
- When butter is melted, place your chuck roast in the pan, and sear the roast on all sides until brown.
- Turn your slow cooker on low, and transfer your roast from the pan to the slow cooker. Add beef broth, vegetables & bay leaf around roast.
- Cook for 8 hours or until the meat starts to fall apart.
- Once done cooking, discard the bay leaf, and remove the roast, and cut into serving size pieces.
- Pour the broth in the slow cooker over the roast and serve with the cooked vegetables.