Tilapia is a flaky and light tasting fish that is absolutely delicious and Tom K., one of our great friends at Lake 96.1 FM in Lake Geneva, shared how to make an easy Blackened Tilapia dish. The Blackened Seasoning adds a Cajun flair with just a touch of heat that's balanced by the Olive Oil - Butter sauce. It only takes about 15 minutes to make this recipe, so try it at home tonight!
4 LGCM Tilapia Fillets
Old Bay Blackened Seasoning
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter
Recipe Yield4 Fillets Serves 4 People
- Thaw the Tilapia fillets in room temperature water or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pour the Olive Oil in a frying pan, and heat over medium high heat until smoking.
- While the frying pan is heating, cover Tilapia with the Blackened Seasoning, to your taste.
- Once frying pan is heated, place the fillets in the frying pan and cook for 2.5 minutes per side, flipping only once.
- After flipping the fillets, add the butter to the frying pan and melt.
- Once cooked, remove the Tilapia from the frying pan, and pour the remaining Olive Oil and Butter over the fish as a sauce.