Do you love sweet and salty snacks? Try this Bacon Wrapped Apple Brat Bite recipe topped with a Caramel Apple Sauce. Delicious sweet Apple Bratwursts wrapped in salty Bacon and Mozzarella cheese are topped with an even sweeter Caramel Apple Sauce for a perfect bite sized snack. Make this for your next movie night or football party. Everyone will love these delicious snacks.
- 6 links LGCM Apple Bratwurst
- 1 lb. LGCM Smoked Bacon
- 3 Mozzarella cheese slices, cut into 1” squares
- Toothpicks, soaked in water
- Caramel Apple Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Apples, chopped and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Light Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Recipe Yield18 Bites
- Boil Apple Bratwurst & cut each brat into 3 pieces.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on one side of the bratwurst and then wrap all the way around with a slice of bacon & close off with a toothpick.
- Place them on a sheet pan on a wire rack and let bake at 350F for about 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your preferred crispness.
- Remove from oven and drizzle the caramel sauce over the brats.
- In a saucepan, while the brats are in the oven, melt the butter and add apples, cook about 2 min. until apples are tender & set the apples aside.
- In the same sauce pan combine brown sugar & cornstarch, stir in light cream & corn syrup. Cook until thick &bubbly. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in apples and vanilla. Serve warm