Celebrate Thanksgiving with one of LGCM’s legendary fresh Amish Turkeys. Our turkeys are raised on free range Amish farms in Ohio on vegetarian diets, free of anti-biotics. After they’re processed, our turkeys are rinsed clean and flash chilled to keep them fresh on their way to our store. There’s no added solution, no artificial seasoning, just delicious, natural turkey for your Thanksgiving table. Our turkeys come in the following size ranges – we recommend ordering 1.5# per person to make sure there are left overs:
• 8 – 11 lbs. • 12 – 15 lbs. • 16 – 19 lbs. • 20 – 23 lbs. • 24 – 27 lbs. • 28- 30 lbs.
We have a limited amount of turkeys available, and we encourage you to reserve yours now. To reserve your preferred size, fill out the form below, or call us at 262-248-3339, option 3.
Happy Thanksgiving from Lake Geneva Country Meats!
- Remove giblets & neck from the inside of the turkey and set off to the side (for gravy – see link below for recipe). Rinse off the turkey & place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Season the outside of the turkey to taste with salt & pepper.
- Take the side pork and layer it on top of the outside of the Turkey. Cover as much of the bird as you can with the side pork. For a 0-10 lb. turkey, about 1 lb. is necessary, for a 11-20 lb. turkey about 2 lbs. are necessary, etc.
- Place the cheese cloth (or butcher netting) that you have soaked in water over the turkey and side pork to help keep the side pork in place as the turkey cooks.
- Cover with the turkey with tinfoil to help keep moisture in the bird.
- Place your turkey in a 350F oven & bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- When there are 15 minutes left in the calculated cooking time (ie after 1 hour and minutes of 2 hours of cooking), remove the side pork, cheesecloth and tinfoil and bake for the remaining 45 minutes.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked (make sure the breast meat is 165ºF) remove from the oven and let the turkey rest for about 30 minutes on a cutting board, then carve (using an electric knife works best) and enjoy!