Welcome to the Lake Geneva Country Meats Pork Sale!
ORDER BEFORE SATURDAY, MARCH 3RD – THIS YEAR’S SALE ENDS ON 3/3/18!
If you’ve ever wanted to invest in locally raised, all natural animals, but have never done so before, now is the time to try eating local. During our Winter Pork Sale, we are offering you limited time savings on locally raised whole or half pigs. This year, we are charging $1.80/lb. for your pork processing, an approximate 12% savings over normal processing costs, and a more than 25% savings over retail prices.
Don’t miss out on this amazing sale, order before supplies run out, and taste the difference for yourself. Due to the limited number of pigs, we are only accepting orders via phone or in person at our store. To order, please call us at 262-248-3339, and our helpful staff will walk you through the process of ordering a half or whole pig. To request a phone call from us, you can fill out the form on the bottom of the page, and we’ll give you a call as soon as we can.
The LGCM Custom Processing Team
- How Much Will It Cost?
- How Much Meat Will I Get?
- How Long Will It Take?
- Where Do The Pigs Come From?
- Have Questions?
- For the 2018 Pork Sale, we charge $1.80/lb. on the dressed (hanging) weight of the animal. Most pigs have a dressed weight of approximately 220 lbs., although the sizes do vary because no two pigs are exactly the same! This means on average, your investment is $360 – $410 for a whole pig, or $180 – $205 for half a pig. Compared to normal processing costs, this is an approximate 12% savings, and even more over making separate retail purchases.
When purchasing a whole or half pig through our Winter Pork Sale, you are purchasing a locally raised animal that is processed under strict USDA Inspection. Your price includes:
- Your Pig
- Processing, Cutting and Wrapping
- Curing and Smoking of Your Hams and Bacons
- Ground Pork or Pork Sausage Made from your Trim
Extra Charges Apply for:
- Certain, Unusual Ways of Cutting Your Pig
- Single Package Wrapping
- Extra Ham Slices
- Extra Smoking and Curing
- Sausage other than Ground Pork or Pork Sausage
- On a whole pig, customers will get back approximately:
- 2 whole hams, approximately 14 lbs. each
- Approximately 12-14 lbs. of bacon.
- 4# of Spare Ribs
- 2 – 3# Pork Loin Roasts
- 2 -3# Pork Rib End Roasts
- 40 – ½” Bone-In Pork Chops
- 4 -3# Pork Shoulder Roasts
- 12 – ½” Pork Steaks
- 2 Pork Hocks
- 2# Pork Neck Bones
- Approximately 12# of Sausage made from trimmings
Total take home weight: Approximately 125 lbs.
Freezer Space Needed for Your Pig: Approximately 4-5 cubic feet.
- It takes us approximately 3-4 weeks to process your pig from when it comes into the building. Depending on when you order and how many people have ordered before you, your pig may not come in for several weeks. When you order, we can give you a rough time frame of when we think your pig will be on the schedule. Once it’s ready for pick up, we’ll give you a call and let you know the final total and that it’s ready. If you can’t get in right away to pick up your order, don’t worry, you have 2 weeks to pick it up after we call you.
- For this year’s sale, Lake Geneva Country Meats will be sourcing pigs from two local pork farmers who practice ethical growing practices and produce excellent pork. Both sources of pigs arrive together and are from the same genetic stock so quality and humane handling are guaranteed. We trust you’ll taste the difference in supporting local agriculture!
- Just fill out this form, and we’ll get right back to you!
Ready to order? Fill out this form, and we’ll contact you!
To make sure that we get your order cut perfectly for your taste, we prefer to take orders over the phone. If you fill out the form below, we’ll add you to our call list, and get in touch with you during our normal business hours to get your order ready to go. You can always call us directly at 262-248-3339, option 4 to start an order as well!
PORK SALE ORDER FORM
Note – if you have ordered with us before and select that you don’t want to make any changes to your order, we will not give you a call, we will just get started on your order.