LGCM is excited to announce that we are now licensed to sell beer and wine for you to enjoy while you are shopping! You may have enjoyed this perk at other stores, and we’re happy to bring it to Lake Geneva Country Meats. Here are a few Q&A’s about this program:
CAN I BUY ANY BEER / WINE IN THE STORE AND OPEN IT TO DRINK?
No, you cannot. First of all, LGCM staff must serve you the drink, and second of all, we will only be offering on premise drinking during specific times, both during store hours, and during special events. Thank you for your understanding, and cooperation.
WHEN WILL YOU BE SERVING BEER / WINE AT THE STORE?
We currently do not have a set schedule for serving, but will be adding events and hours as we learn our system. Our first event is set for Monday, October 15th for National Cheese Curd Day! For just $3, you’ll be able to enjoy a cup of Hill Valley Dairy Cheese Curds and a cup of New Glarus Spotted Cow or Mershon’s Hard Snowed in Cinnamon Cider. Get more details on our Facebook event page.
what type of events will you plan with this new license?
We’re hoping to offer a variety of different events and ways to enjoy beverages with our new license. Here are some ideas:
- Special sip and shop hours on select days to enjoy a rotating selection of local craft beers from our kegerator.
- Special sip and shop hours on select days featuring high quality wines at great by the glass prices.
- Pop up food & beer / wine events like the Cheese Curd event we described above on special days.
- Brewery feature events showcasing beers that are only available on tap, in addition to bottled beers.
- Winery sampling events featuring higher end wines for a paid sampling price.
If you have ideas for fun ways to use this license, please let us know, we’d love to hear your ideas! Fill out our contact form, or leave a comment below with your ideas.
How can I keep track of when you’ll be serving beer / wine?
can i buy shots of your newest bourbon?
No, we do not possess the license to serve hard alcohol on premise, nor do we intend to acquire that license.
Any other questions?
Please let us know if you have any other questions, we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you for one of your favorite beverages soon!