Going out and getting nachos is a fun and delicious meal. Now you can recreate delicious restaurant style nachos at home with this easy recipe for Chicken Nachos. Using taco seasoned Ground Chicken saves on calories and adds a flavorful kick to the nachos. This recipe works well for an appetizer or game day snack for a crowd, or a dinner for 2-3 people. Customize to your taste and enjoy!
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Pkg. Reichert Taco Seasoning
- 1 bag Plocky’s 3 Grain Tortilla Chips
- 1 Jar Amy’s Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream (Optional)
Recipe Yield2-4 Servings
- In a sauté pan, add 1 pound of ground chicken & season to your taste with taco seasoning. Cook completely, but do not brown & set aside.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Use 2/3 of chips to make a layer of chips in the middle of the pan.
- Top the chips with the cooked chicken, raw vegetables, salsa, and cheese. Cooking the veggies before placing on the chips will result in softer veggies than putting them on raw.
- Spread the remaining chips on top and repeat Step 3. Top with green onion for extra flavor and color.
- Preheat your oven to 350F & bake for about 8 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Serve with more salsa & sour cream if desired and enjoy!